NetBeans Mobility Pack Features
The NetBeans Mobility Packs can be used to write, test, and debug applications
for the Java Micro Edition platform (Java ME platform) technology-enabled mobile
- The NetBeans Mobility Pack integrates support for the Mobile Information
Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0, the Connected, Limited Device Configuration (CLDC)
1.1. You can easily integrate third-party emulators for a robust testing environment.
- The NetBeans Mobility Pack for CDC integrates support for the Connected
Device Configuration (CDC). You can easily integrate third-party emulators
as the Ricoh Embedded Software Architecture, Sony Ericsson CDC Platform 1
Extension Package for the UIQ 3 SDK, the Nokia S80 for a robust testing environment.
Mobility Pack 5.5.1 for CLDC/MIDP
What's New in the NetBeans 5.5.1 Mobility Pack for CLDC/MIDP
- Support for Sun Java Wireless Toolkit 2.5.1: Supports JSR-248 specification
for Mobile Service Architecture (MSA) and a host of other new capabilities.
For complete details about new features supported see the Sun
Java Wireless Toolkit download page.
- SVG graphics support: Supports JSR-226 specification for
adding and manipulating compact, vector-based graphics and animations created
in the Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) format. You can also integrate an SVG
editor into the IDE and convert SVG images to the PNG format.
- Java ME unit testing: Supports testing of MIDP/CLDC applications
using the JMUnit test framework.
- Visual Mobile Designer: Drag-and-drop objects into the Flow Designer,
Screen Designer, and Action Editor to automatically generate java code for
rapid development and prototyping. Includes custom components for creating
wait screens, tables, and splash screens.
- Wireless Connection Wizards: Easily access web services and other
server-side date from MIDlets via servlets. Includes support for JSR-172
- A solution for Device fragmentation: Develop your applications for
multiple devices by adding and executing device-specific code as configurations
within a single application
- Preprocessor support for device fragmentation - Develop
code for any number of devices with a single code base. You can also import
projects from Antenna and J2ME Polish without losing your preprocessor coding.
- Project Configuration Support: User-defined Abilities allow flexibility
when creating configuration specific code blocks. Also, you can use project
templates to create a configuration once and use it in multiple projects
- Deployment Options: Upload your MIDlets via WebDAV, FTP, and SCP
from within the IDE
- Project support, built on Apache Ant: Organize your MIDP source code
and project metadata for easier coding and management. Projects also enable
you to build your project outside the IDE
- Integration with the J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2: The NetBeans Mobility
Pack provides support for advance development features such as MIDlet signing,
certificate management, integrated over-the-air (OTA) emulation, push registry
emulation, Wireless Messaging and Multimedia APIs, and WMA emulation features
for SMS and CBS messages.
- Support for MIDP localization: Enables you to add locale-specific
components to your application
- Support for Java ME MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1 standards
- Support for adding third party emulator platforms: Test your application
on a variety of target device emulators
by leading manufacturers and add custom emulators to the IDE.
- Integrated obfuscation and optimization support: Add security, improves
performance, and optimizes the size of your application
- Over-the-Air (OTA) Download Testing: The emulator simulates the behavior
of real mobile devices.
NetBeans Mobility Pack 5.5.1 for CDC
What's New in 5.5.1
- Supports Windows CE Development: Now you can develop applications
for the Windows CE platform via our support for the NSI.Com CrEme VM.
- Supports CDC Platform Development: Supports development for the Ricoh
Embedded Software Architecture, Sony Ericsson CDC Platform 1, Nokia S80 platform
on the following devices:
- Sony Ericsson P990
- Sony Ericsson M600
- Nokia S80 devices
- CDC project wizards: Easily create a pre-configured CDC projects.
- Intuitive GUI design: Use the GUI Designer (Project Matisse) to quickly
design your CDC application.
- Symbian packaging: Supports the creation of applications that install
and run on the Symbian operating system.
- JUnit testing: Supports testing of CDC applications using the JUnit
NetBeans Mobility 6.0 Beta
What's New in 6.0
- New Integrated UI for CLDC/MIDP and CDC development.
- Complete re-design of the Visual Mobile Designer:
- Re-designed Flow Designer makes it easier to create
complex flow designs. Also, new non-visual components are available to
handle flow control.
- Improved Screen Designer renders most components and
supports in-place editing.
- New Visual Design Analysis. The Analyzer inspects your
visual design and reports unused components and components, properties,
and values not available for MIDP 1.0 applications.
- New Custom components simplify the creation and integration
of file browsers, SMS composers, login screens, and Personal Information
Manager (PIM) databases into your MIDP applications.
- Improved configuration management. You can now add, copy,
or delete abilities for multiple configurations at the same time in the Navigator.
You can also build, clean, and deploy multiple configurations with a single
- CDC support now includes many features previously available only
for CLDC/MIDP projects, including:
- Preprocessor support for device fragmentation.
- Project Configuration Support.
- Integrated obfuscation and optimization.
- Deployment options for multiple devices.
- Project support built on Apache Ant.
- Improved project configuration support. Now you can build,
run, debug, and deploy a configuration from the Projects menu.
- Improved CDC Platform support. Now there are specialized
deployment options for Ricoh, SONY and Nokia devices.
- New SVG Composer. SVG Graphics viewing options are improved
with new viewing abilities, and SVG editing through the XML editor.
- New Game Designer supports the MIDP 2.0 Game API, including
creation and editing of game environments and static and animated sprites.
- Download the
NetBeans Mobility Pack 5.5.1 for CLDC/MIDP
- Download the
NetBeans Mobility Pack 5.5.1 for CDC
- Download the NetBeans
6.0 Beta 1 with Mobility support
- All NetBeans IDE features